HP lovecraft. Call of chuthulu


So this week I read the Call of Chuthulu by HP Lovecraft and I rematch cabin in the woods.  There is something I always loved about the so called weird is what I experienced with cabin the in the woods the first time. Personally I really don’t think cabin in the woods even remotely falls in the same genre as Lovecraft. Since cabin in the woods funny and a comedy. There is nothing there that even remotely promotes the same thought that HP love craft does. Now what I love about Lovecraft is what mythos represents. This over whelming unknown the kind of unknown that will drive you mad the kind that no one can comprehend. A law almost like gravity beautiful yet horrific in its scope. Something to behold and nothing more. That something that cabin in the woods does very well. At the end of the movie the whole point is to face the massive unknown thing. Not to the same scope as love craft but it was an attempt the whole point of the movie was to hide this message under humor. Honestly I felt like the point of the movie was lost on it. At least part of me thinks that. I did enjoy the first time I watched it watched it blind. And couldn’t enjoy it more. But having to compare it to the father of modern horror. That Is basically used in every form of media from games to movies. It falls short in terms of enlisting those feelings of pure dread and acceptance.

Comments

  1. I appreciate this comparison, because I'm very new to the world of horror and this is an interesting way to introduce me to these two sides of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts